Brucke (the husband), Kenya (the wife), and Troy (the boy)

Monday, June 21, 2010

Party Stress

Well, this year I wanted to have a very small Birthday Party for Troy. I invited 4 of his little friends his age from Church and his daycare. Add that to mine and Brucke's family and thats still a lot of people! We are so blessed to have our friends and family! Well, I thought 10 am was going to be great b/c it's sooo hot. That was fine with Troy's friends but ofcourse thats a bit early for the adults, which I don't blame b/c I like to sleep in too if I could.  Well, it was still sooo Hooooottttttt!!!  We really need a pool. Anyway, My mother in law mentioned that next year I should have a party here in Anderson for Troy's friends, then have one in Seneca for the family. But 2 parties still sound kinda  extreme... Anyway, I guess you can't please everyone.  Today is Troy's actual birthday. He is such a sweetie. He was eating left over cupcakes from his party and asked us to sing Happy Birthday to him again. Ha, Ha. Then he asked if it was his daddy's Birthday and Brucke said No, but it's coming up. Then he turned to me and said " Hey mommy, is your birthday coming up too?"  (he is so smart) I said yes. Then he burst out into singing happy Birthday to Mommy and Daddy with cupcake icing all over his little sweet face! I will post pics later!

2 comments: