Brucke (the husband), Kenya (the wife), and Troy (the boy)

Monday, May 10, 2010

Papa Cox


My Papa was taken to the emergency room last week. After that happened, he was telling me how much it scared him. My papa, in his 70's, accepted Christ! He has always had high blood pressure. Last night, I visited him before his triple bypass surgery this morning. He told me not long after he asked Jesus to come into his heart, that he took his blood pressure and according to him, his blood pressure has not been that good in years! He said this was amazing. I told him thats not odd, thats God! He had surgery this morning and everything went well. The doctors did find some Lung disease that will have to be dealt with. I don't know all the details yet, but the next 24 hours are very crucial. His spirits seemed good and he was flirting with the nurses last night. He is where I get my utter bluntness from. I remember him telling me several times, Kenya, you getting a little fat, aint cha?? After a while you just laugh it off. Thats my papa for ya! Always cutting up and always telling exactly whats on his mind. You just never know with him. I love him very much and am so glad that one day we will rejoice in Heaven together, but hopefully not anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment