Brucke (the husband), Kenya (the wife), and Troy (the boy)

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Red Letter Marriage

Preacher Steve has been preaching a sermon titled "Red Letter Marriage".
Here are some things I've learned, and a bit of things I think are important in a marriage:

1) Your family should be in this order
God
Spouse
Kids
So, basically, I think most people get this order all messed up, including myself!

2) Having a child will not improve your marriage. In fact, it adds more stress. Is it worth it? YES! Does it take a lot of work? YES

3) Date nights are a Good Thing!

I always struggle with guilt when I drop Troy off for a night at his grandmas. No more of that! It's very important to spend quality time with your spouse, and it makes me a well rested mother so I can take better care of him!

4) Coming from a divorced home, I vow, and always have, to never divorce! Unless Brucke beats me and my child or has an affair, he's stuck with me. The End.

5) Marriage is a job! Love one another, respect each other, and put God in charge of everything. God never said it would be easy, but it is His will for us all to have a great marriage, and that takes work!

No comments:

Post a Comment